Grey X Pillow Cover
Started, or restarted a new pillow cover. I have had scraps that I have been piecing together for a while. Finally, I decided to use them for a pillow cover. An entire quilt of tiny scraps just seemed a bit much. I took some Kona Coal that would be the main part of the pillow. I pieced a strip of about 24" long of grey and blue scraps. The original width of the scrap strip was about 2.75". I then sliced it in half.
The original plan was just to cut out a square for the pillow cover, slice it diagonally, sew the strip in and then repeat. That looked a bit plain. So, I pulled out some Kona Ash and attached a 1 inch wide piece to each side of the strip. That seemed to work better.
The strip on the bottom is tucked underneath the 2 cut pieces of the square. The top strip is just laid over the other, thus the difference in the width.
I am toying around with several different ideas for the quilting. May combine some free motion with straight line, walking foot quilting in different sections. Please let me know what you think.
Will share on August 6, 2014 on: